Friday, May 15, 2009

My Assemblage for Sandra Bullock



Tonight, May 15th, at 7 PM is the Warren Easton Sr. High School's Hall of Fame Event. Sandra Bullock is going to be awarded a special plaque for her generous contribution to our school after Katrina's floodwater caused considerable damage. I am fortunate enough to have one of my assemblages presented to her too because she loves EJ Bellocq's photographs of the Storyville prostitutes. I made this piece especially for Ms Bullock and I hope she loves it! It is made on a very old Victorian wall pocket letter holder. It has all New Orleans estate Victorian dress laces, metal and rhinestone buttons, an old skeleton key and keyhole plate and a metal number tag from a hotel. Watch Entertainment Tonight for the media coverage...maybe you will see me!!

Juliette

No comments: