Monday, July 27, 2009

What's Coming Up?



I have taken the summer off...this heat just kills me with headaches. Been working on some new stuff. New Orleans nostalgia of course...my favorite. My wonderful aunt in Gulfport, MS found just the greatest b/w pix of my cousin, brother and me sitting in the big clown at Pontchartrain Beach with the ferris wheel in the background circa 1950s. This is just SCREAMING at me to make something out of it. And one of my brother and me with our Easter baskets - all dressed in our Easter outfits. Just too sweet. That one means nothing to anyone but my brother and me.

Also learning about a wax process called encaustic art...reallllly cool... can only have it displayed in cooler weather....cause I think it would melt big time. Wait till you see this stuff... very nice.

I have applied to the Po-boy Festival in November on Oak Street and the Blues BBQ put on by the Jazz Festival Foundation in Lafayette Square Park in October. Will let you know if I am accepted. Hope so. Also will re-apply to Jazz Fest. That was sooo much fun...and I learned a lot about booth design there.


I will be back at the Arts Market of New Orleans the last Saturday in September, 2009. Come see me there.

Have a good summer...going to White Linen night too!!

Juliette

No comments: